Subject: Re: I got AVI working with Win95!!!
From: [email-masked] (Brenden Mecleary )
To: [email-masked] He's right!!!Hehehehe (excuse me while I dance around the room)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 17:10:41 -0700

in joy...)  Okay.  It's incredible, after all this time...*sob*  
Anyway, just to fill in a bit more to what Don said, you DO need the 
.CAB file viewer.  What you do is go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/powertoy.html

..and download CabView, the first item on the list.  Create a folder 
on your DESKTOP, and name it "Power".  Move the cabview.exe file into 
it.  Run it, and then, when it's done, right-click on "cabview.inf", 
and choose "Install", the third item.  You will then be able to browse 
the Windows 95 CAB files.  Double click on the one that Don mentioned, 
Win95_08.cab, and choose avifil32.dll, and then select extract.  Do 
like Don said, putting the file into the \Windows\system directory, AND 
the Newtek\programs directory.  Restart for good measure, and run LW.  
If you haven't yet, load the HIIP AVI plugins AND the NT_AVI plugin, 
the latter giving you the best quality.  If you use the HIIP plugins, 
use the HIIP-32 AVI saver, not the 16-bit version.  Have fun, 
everybody!  (I know I will...hehe)

                                                Brenden Mecleary
                                                [email-masked]

P.S. - Good work Don!!!  I'm eternally grateful!
--
[email-masked] (Brenden Mecleary ) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]